Training Technique Developed at Island Miniature Schnauzers
The calm, yet assertive training, of a desired response from your dog/puppy. Your canine never gets her/his way with anything – i.e. no pulling on the leash, no zig-zagging on the leash, no nipping, no lunging at other dogs, no barking at your fence line, no barking at your front door, no barking at other dogs out on your walk, no barking from your car, no barking from her/his carrier/playpen – not doing anything that is not acceptable.
The quick, positive results from our training is achieved from utilizing the “Cesar” touch. You will experience an improvement in your dog/puppy within 5 minutes. You will learn in 4 hours how to communicate with your canine with a positive and telepathic training technique resulting in a calm and responsive dog.
For you to be capable of training your canine, you must be in a relaxed and calm state within your body and mind. We at Island Miniature Schnauzers have designed and built training classes to allow you to achieve harmony with your pup-pup. Our knowledge has been achieved through years of living, training and loving Miniature Schnauzers and recently through the hands-on training with Cesar Millan at his Dog Psychology Centre in California, USA in 2018.
Introductory Course – 0TATT1 – Maximum of 4 Students – 18 years and older – All small breed dogs/puppies – up to 30 lbs.
What will you learn from this course?
- How to properly implement the Cesar Millan “Tsch”.
- How to train your dog using Cesar Millan’s telepathic and calming methodologies.
- How to walk your dog in a calm manner with no pulling, lunging or barking.
- How to walk a pack of dogs; how to ask your dog to sit and stay and how to stop your dog from being aggressive with people/dogs.
Please bring your own dog. If you don’t have a dog, we will supply you with one of ours.
This is our 4-hour introductory course which teaches the Owner how to ask their dog/puppy to work with them in a calm and ready-to-learn state.
We start our training at 9:00 a.m. You can park on the grass along the side of the house. Our office is in the downstairs of our home. Beverley will greet you and your dog at the front door.
Your dog will be “parked” in a carrier while it is in the office. A water bowl is supplied.
The reason why Cesar’s training works so perfectly well and so quickly is that he always remains in a calm state. You will be taught how to become internally calm through a 6-minute meditation session. We will meditate before we commence each training module. Our dogs are in the office while we mediate so they too become calm and relaxed prior to commencing each training module.
Beverley will demonstrate with Wolfgang how to achieve each step within each module. We will have Training Associates to assist the students.
9:30 am – 11:30
Module One – Leash Fitting; Breathing Techniques; Calm Posturing; Clarity Training; Proper Walking Etiquette
- You will be shown how to properly fit your leash rope
- You will be taught how to be clear and concise with your training techniques
- You will be shown how to ask your canine to move out, sit down, stay and walk on utilizing a calm energy and a calm posture – all without talking to your dog.
- Once you have achieved complete calmness with your dog then you will be given different dogs (student and farm dogs) to practice with to ensure that your new-found training technique works on any dog. Remember when you approach a new dog, you do not look at it, you do not talk to it, you do not touch it for ½ minute. Beverley will explain the significance of this greeting.
- Finish up by “parking your dog” in its assigned carrier – a water bowl is supplied
- Question and answer period
Lunch Break – 11:45 – 12:20
A vegetable, cheese and cracker platter will be served. Bottled cold water will be available.
12:30 – 2:00
Module Two – Pack Walk Techniques; Blocking and Re-Directing Techniques; Maneuvering Techniques; Placement and Stay Techniques; No Barking Techniques
- We will review our calm walking techniques with your dog. Beverley will ask for a walk, sit and stay. Once we are all calm and ready, we will learn the awesome capability of walking 4 dogs at the same time utilizing your new-found calm, yet assertive dog training techniques – you will be simply amazed how your calmness can translate into quiet, happy and willing walking partners.
- You will be shown how to walk up to a dog with your own dog in hand, utilizing telepathic thoughts, to calmly take the leash from your co-student and walk out with their dog. You will repeat this technique until you have 4 dogs by your side.
- You will be asked to walk, halt and sit 4 dogs.
- Maneuvering techniques will be demonstrated and practiced, focusing on your eye and body control.
- You will learn how to ask your dog to stay on a mat while there is action all around.
- You will learn how to ask your dog to be quiet in a carrier or a play pen.
- You will learn how to ask your dog to calmly walk into a wadding pool; stay in the pool and to jump out all in a calm manner.
- You will “park” your dogs inside the office.
- You will go into a kennel, place the rope leash on one of our farm dogs, take it out of the kennel and take it down to the training ring to practice calm walking techniques. This where your calm telepathic training techniques are so useful.
15 Minute Break – Question and Answer Period
2:45 – 3:150
Module Three – Fun With Puppies!
- We will learn how to work with puppies with our new-found calmness and assertiveness.
- How to start leashing puppies utilizing plenty of praise – you do talk to puppies when you are working with them.
We will regroup in the office to discuss what we have learned and how we will incorporate our new-found training techniques with our dog/puppy.
End of our Training Day.